The Development and Investment Strategy Council under the Nizhny Novgorod Region Governor was established in July 2018 pursuant to the Decree of the Nizhny Novgorod Region Government No. 490 dated July 4, 2018.
The Council is a permanent collegial advisory body created to coordinate the actions of the executive authorities of the Nizhny Novgorod Region, territorial bodies of federal executive authorities and other organizations, regardless of their organizational and legal form, in order to develop and implement the Social and Economic Development Strategy of the Nizhny Novgorod Region until 2035, the creation of a favorable investment climate in the Nizhny Novgorod Region.
The Council is headed by the Chairman and Governor of the Nizhny Novgorod Region and includes representatives of state authorities of the Nizhny Novgorod Region, territorial bodies of federal executive authorities, financial and public organizations, representatives of the Nizhny Novgorod Region Development Corporation. The Council has a presidium.
Main objectives of the Council are:
· Monitoring and control of the development and implementation of the Strategy, preparation of proposals for its adjustment
· Implementation of interagency cooperation on the adjustment, development and implementation of the Strategy for the pursuance of certain priorities, goals and objectives of the social and economic development of the Nizhny Novgorod Region
· Preparation of proposals on the social and economic development and investment attraction
· Development of consolidated measures aimed at the creation of a new economic potential to ensure the sustainable development of the Nizhny Novgorod Region and social stability, as well as measures aimed at:
- the rapid development of high-tech sectors of the economy;
- technological development (digitalization, green economy);
- import substitution;
- creating of a favorable investment and business climate;
- development of transport, energy and telecommunications infrastructure;
- development of the economic potential of the territories, the creation of new “growth points” in cities and districts of the Nizhny Novgorod Region;
- stimulation of energy and resource conservation in the real sector of economy, improving the energy efficiency of the utility and public sector;
- spatial development of the Nizhny Novgorod Region;
- creation of new regional development institutions;
- improvement of the efficiency of public investments;
- pursuance of an active policy for the development of the economy of single-industry towns.
· Development of recommendations on state support of investment processes and stimulation of investment activity in the Nizhny Novgorod Region
· Consideration of the draft investment strategy, analysis of the progress and implementation of the investment strategy, preparation and consideration of proposals for its adjustment
· Consideration and adjustment of the plan for the creation of investment and infrastructure facilities in the Nizhny Novgorod Region
· Consideration and preparation of proposals on problems related to investment activities in the Nizhny Novgorod Region and problems arising from the implementation of investment projects in the Nizhny Novgorod Region, with the exception of land and property relations
· Consideration and decision-making on increasing the efficiency of exhibition and congress activities in the Nizhny Novgorod Region
· Consideration of applications from borrowers and the provision of collaterals from the collateral fund of the Nizhny Novgorod Region.