The strategy is a comprehensive development plan that will determine the future of the region for more than a decade outlook.
Pursuant to the requirements of the Federal Law No. 172-FZ of June 28, 2014, on the Strategic Planning in the Russian Federation, a Strategy for Social and Economic Development of the Nizhniy Novgorod Region until 2035 was developed (hereinafter – the Strategy).
The Draft Strategy undergone the procedure of public discussion, within the framework of which the industry-specific sessions were held; about 40 strategic territorial sessions took place in all municipalities of the region. More than 4,500 people took part in the discussion – the most active members of municipal entities and industry experts. In addition, the Draft Strategy was discussed in labour collectives and localities with the participation of more than 500 thousand people.
In consequence of the public discussion, more than 5 thousand proposals were submitted, this allowed for adjusting the strategic targets, objectives, and initiatives of the Draft Strategy and obtaining the instrument consistent with the vision of the population and expert community of the region.
The Strategy covers the main areas of the Nizhniy Novgorod Region development.
The strategic development of the Nizhniy Novgorod Region should be based on the principles of sustainable, smart, and equitable development of the region.
The major strategic goal is to become a new global centre of development, procurement of competent human assets, and fulfilment of creative, spiritual, and intellectual potential of people; one of the Russian leaders of contribution to the national wealth and scientific and technical advancement.
The core values of the Strategy are a Person and creation of favourable conditions for its development and prosperity.
These determined the Strategy shaping on grounds of three interrelated strategic priorities:
- Personal development through the development of areas which provide for building, accumulation, and fulfilment of the personal potential at a high quality level.
- Economic development in terms of which a Person can reach high living standards and welfare, as well as professional fulfilment.
- Spatial development for comfortable and safe living.
The Strategy will be implemented in 3 stages:
- 1st stage – 2019-2020, Transformation of the regional administrative system;
- 2nd stage – 2021-2024, Intensification of the investment activity in all spheres of the economy;
- 3rd stage – 2025-2035, Shaping of the new Person as a key element of the development of a globally competitive region.
The strategy for the socio-economic development of the Nizhny Novgorod region until 2035 has been coordinated with the federal executive authorities for its compliance with the priorities and goals of the socio-economic development of the Russian Federation.
The strategy of socio-economic development of the Nizhny Novgorod region until 2035 was approved by the Decree of the Government of the Nizhny Novgorod Region of December 21, 2018 No. 889.