Most projects apply for financial measures of state support, which naturally affects the interests of the regional budget. Given this fact, the Government, together with the Legislative Assembly of the Nizhny Novgorod region, formulated the criteria with which an investment project must comply with in order to receive state support measures.
To receive priority status, your project must meet the following requirements:
- The volume of investments is more than 100 million rubles.
- Implementation of the project in one of the subsidized regions of the Nizhny Novgorod region.
The following sectoral priorities are highlighted in the investment policy of the region:
- the first group is the automotive industry, the research and education complex and the new economy, information technology, the food industry, the radio-electronic industry and instrument-making industry, the chemical-pharmaceutical industry;
- the second group - ferrous metallurgy, fuel industry, aircraft industry, chemical and petrochemical industry, tourism;
- the third group is the building materials industry, the medical industry, the timber industry and the pulp and paper industry, light industry, shipbuilding, agriculture.
The main criterion for assigning priority status to an investment project is the presence of a positive effect from its implementation, which is assessed according to such components as:
- economic efficiency in accordance with the business plan of the project;
- budget efficiency, calculated as the sum of the planned to pay taxes minus the state support provided in the form of tax and other benefits and compensations of the interest rate on loans attracted for the implementation of priority investment projects of the Nizhny Novgorod region, to the investment activity subject. The negative value of the planned budgetary effect may cause the rejection of the application for obtaining the project priority status;
- social efficiency (job creation, improvement of working conditions, structure of production personnel, level of health of the population, improvement of living and living conditions, provision of the population with certain types of goods, saving of free time of the population, etc.).
- the absolute value of invested or attracted investments;
- project payback rate (preference is given to projects with a payback period of 5 years or less);
- support of the investment project by the local government in which the investment project is planned to be implemented.
Social, environmental and other effects that are not amenable to quantitative and valuation, are considered as additional indicators of integral efficiency, and are also taken into account when justifying state support for an investment project.