Five Nizhny Novgorod Region projects reach the final of the all-Russian competition of the best practices and initiatives of social and economic development of 2019
The competition is held by the Agency for Strategic Initiatives to Promote New Projects (ASI). The organizer of the shortlisting in the Nizhny Novgorod Region was the Ministry for Economic Development and Investment of the Nizhny Novgorod Region.
It should be mentioned that the Nizhny Novgorod region took the second place in the number of applications submitted - 58. Eight of them were chosen to participate in the competition in each nomination. In total, 29 projects from 19 regions went to the final.
“Five of our projects in the final of 8 initially shortlisted, from more than 1,450 submitted by all Russian regions - this is an excellent result! These practices are already successfully working in our region, and, I think, they will be interested for replication to colleagues. All of them meet the principles of national projects”, said Gleb Nikitin, the Governor of the Nizhny Novgorod Region.
The following Nizhny Novgorod projects became finalists:
• “Road maps” for the implementation of investment projects for the construction of capital construction projects (application of the Ministry of Property and Land Relations of the Nizhny Novgorod region, nomination “Construction, Housing and Utilites Services”),
• “Creation and functioning of a regional competence center on urban environment issues - ANCO “Institute for Urban Environment Development of the Nizhny Novgorod Region” (nomination “Urban Development and Infrastructure”),
• “The Great in the Small: The Cultural and Economic Alliance is an Axiom for the Region Development” - MBIOC “Gorodets Historical and Art Museum Complex”, (nomination “Tourism and Culture”),
• “Start your own business” social entrepreneurship development program - Ministry of Industry, Trade and Entrepreneurship of the Nizhny Novgorod region (nomination “Business Support and Export Development”),
• HiBrain - a platform for the training and employment of IT personnel - international IT-cluster of the Nizhny Novgorod region, (nomination “Science and Education”).
More details about each of the projects can be found on the web-site https://konkurs.smarteka.org/ ("Practices" tab, sort them by region — approx.). Summing up and rewarding will take place at the Russian Investment Forum in Sochi that will be held February 12-14, 2020. The winning projects will also be posted on Smartek, a digital platform for the exchange of effective regional practices in the field of social and economic development.